-Custom R/C Cars and Trucks  -R/C Video's  -Online Subscriber Showroom   
-R/C Online Community Networking Group

Radio Control Car Enthusiasts Welcome!


Friday, October 15, 2010

Tamiya TT-01 makes a come back.

Photobucket
In the middle of waiting on HPI Racing to come out with the clear 2010 Camaro body, I figured I'd get back into the swing of things (as far as body painting goes) and do up a nice original corvette body. I chose the GM Performance racing theme. Decals courtesy of GM Canada. I also had some nice Parma racing decals around. This is my first attempt at a racing checker flag design. I don't think I did to bad for masking off each checker. (lol) The chassis is my Tamiya TT-01. I've done some chassis and suspension upgrades, along with a metal center drive shaft upgrade. Making this my TT-01 Race Spec. Shown here and on the website with the new Dynamite Racing slicks and radial rubber, I did however build the car to spec for carpet racing. Foam tires (not shown) will be used for this years carpet season. I'm running a 75mhz Futaba radio and receiver for now. I will be upgrading to 2.4 shortly. The motor is a Stock Epic armature with modified brushes and springs. Powering it will be my Novak Duster II ESC. I know, a little old but still works great and doesn't have reverse. We all now reverse is illegal in racing, and well... My finger has slipped a time or two before the track marshal has been able to grab me. :)

No comments: